You participate in meetings held in English but you don’t feel at ease? Do you sometimes avoid contributing in a meeting to avoid mistakes? Do you feel a bit shy at times when it comes to sharing your opinion in English? You’re not alone!
Let us create a warm atmosphere in this course where you can develop the ability to express your thoughts and ideas in a group. Practising meeting situations based on authentic examples in a „protected area“ with your trainer and co-learners will help you feel more comfortable and confident and will be fun at the same time!
- Training English fluency related to meetings
- Identifying types of personalities at meetings and understanding its impact
- Giving opinions, agreeing and disagreeing, interrupting in a polite manner
- Discussing an agenda and practising signposting between topics
- Grammar related to making suggestions – why „should“ and „must“ don’t belong in meetings
- Learning and practising key phrases used in all sequences of a meeting
- Idioms commonly used in English meetings
- Politeness, directness and diplomacy
- Intercultural aspects to raise mutual understanding
- Learning from participants’ best practices
- Video and telephone conference particularities
- Hosting meetings, e.g. facilitating and moderating
The focus of the course will be chosen according to the participants’ needs.
You should have a B1 or B2 level of English. Einstufungstest/Placement Test
- DELTA (Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), MVHS accredited by the University of Cambridge
- Intercultural Business Trainer/Moderator (IBT/M)®, assist International HR accredited by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Interkulturelle Trainingsqualität e.V. (DGIKT)
- Certificate in International Business English Training (Cert IBET), The Consultants-E accredited by Trinity College, London
- Certificate in Teaching Languages with Technology (Cert ICT), The Consultants-E accredited by Trinity College, London
- Certificate of Advanced Neurolanguage Coaching, Efficient Language Coaching® accredited by Continuing Coaching Education International Coach Federation (ICF CCE)
- Diploma in Administrative Management, Belfast Institute of FE accredited by the Institute of Administrative Management, London
- IKS Business English Trainer since 2010